Jumprope

Jumprope

Friday, May 6, 2011

How should I show my work?

The whole original problem for me, the reason I have no website,
though I've started at least ten of them, is that I have absolutely
no idea how to manage the multiple aspects of my work. Should I
just divide up a web site into "work for kids" and "work for grownups?"
And if so, where do painted floors, for instance, go? Even in this blog,
where I thought I could sort of meander along showing various things
happily co-existing, I find it nearly impossible to sort myself.

Once, someone with remarkable lack of humor, was astonished
when I said that it was really hard for me to clean rooms up
because I didn't know where anything went. And she said,
with weighty condescension, "Well, just put like things together."
I stared at her uncomprehending, I have no idea what things are
LIKE other things. Honestly, what is the criterion for likeness?
Things that are round? Red things? Things that I fall over when I
come into my room?

No comments: